Version 2 final - track details ?

Posted by: newguy1

Version 2 final - track details ? - 03/03/2004 22:29

Recently installed V2 final and noticed that the track details screen has a new line. It now lists the last time the track was played.However sometimes the last digit of the year gets cut off. For example 200_ instead of 2004.Is there a setting for this or is this the way it is?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 04/03/2004 10:58

I've never seen this. Are you sure the tag in question is correctly filled out? For instance, that there isn't a space preceding the year?

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 04/03/2004 10:59

Oh wait, you mean the year displayed as part of the last_played value, not the track's year tag.

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 04/03/2004 11:01

I think that the problem is merely number of digits related to screen width. It's not cutting it off on my screen right now, but that's because today's date (the 9th) only has one digit. If there's two digits I'll bet it pushes the last digit of the year off the screen. OH WELL. *yawn*
Posted by: newguy1

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 04/03/2004 20:55

Yes Tony thats what appears to be happening.It's certainly not the end of the world.I apologize for boring you.
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 05/03/2004 00:00

wow... i never knew that was there...

seems a lot of them cut off...

would be nice if the detail screen looped.
Posted by: genixia

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 05/03/2004 10:29

You did try the knob?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 05/03/2004 10:42

As per our conversation on IRC last night, Brad would like it to auto-loop. I haven't tried emulating the track details screen with emphatic yet, but it shouldn't be too hard, and making it auto loop would be trivial.
Posted by: Shonky

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 05/03/2004 17:28

If you do get that going, I would like to see all the info there.

It seems that on my 3a7 player, sometimes it displays the bit rate sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it displays the codec.

It's weird in there doesn't seem to be much pattern to it. It just randomly picks what it will display.

Re: Version 2 final - track details ? - 06/03/2004 05:09

It's not random. I've said this before in another thread. It's one of the old 2.0 beta bugs come back to haunt us. That screen shows X number of lines, and sometimes the tag information for the file contains X+1 lines of stuff to display, for example, if the tag has a comment. That's when it truncates the last line.