Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs?

Posted by: mlord

Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 19/06/2005 12:48

Anyone out there have any of these? I'm looking for copies, but they don't seem to exist over here (Canada), and the current GBP->CAD$ conversions plus duty and taxes would put them at about CAD$40 each landed. I'm looking for alternative means.

Not to mention that they're all Region-2 (and/or 4) DVDs, so I'll have to rip/burn them first before they'll play on my DVD player. Thank goodness for region-free firmware in my i9300's DVDRW drive!

Cheers
Posted by: StigOE

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 19/06/2005 14:52

We have a few of them here at work, so I can rip them and put on dvds for you, or if you're coming to Amersfoort, you can just copy them from me.

Stig

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 01:08

The Stig has a PM!
Posted by: andym

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 05:26

Happy birthday Stig!

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 07:07

Thank you.

Stig
Posted by: CrackersMcCheese

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 09:26

Are you the Stig from Top Gear???

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 09:45

It would explain why he has top gear dvds at work.

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 10:20

He-he.. No, afraid not. They're part of our welfare here. We have about 350 dvds on board, and some of them happens to be Top Gear/Clarkson dvds...

Stig
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 20/06/2005 10:21

Stig's a wuss, he can't drive real cars. Like this, one of many which I was looking at all this weekend:

(more)

Gareth

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 27/08/2009 01:24

Originally Posted By: mlord
Anyone out there have any of these?

Mmm.. years later, after acquiring a gradual dribbel of this stuff, I've at last hit (some site) and now have the complete series 1-13 of BBC Top Gear. Woo-hoo!

Okay, so we're thrill-deprived here in the colonies.

smile
Posted by: TigerJimmy

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 27/08/2009 18:33

Originally Posted By: g_attrill
Stig's a wuss, he can't drive real cars. Like this, one of many which I was looking at all this weekend:

(omitted automotive vulgarity)

Gareth

Blasphemy! On so many levels...
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 27/08/2009 20:35

Okay, there was some strange crap in there. I can understand the '70s muscle cars, and the '80s ones to a lesser extent (they looked somewhat like their more powerful brethren), and the '90s ones, I guess, at least have the same name as some of those muscle cars, but what's with the Lincoln Town Car? And the Chevy Minivan?

And, more importantly, what is the deal with all of those Confederate (States of America) Battle Flags?
Posted by: robricc

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 27/08/2009 21:37

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
And the Chevy Minivan?

I don't know much about Chevys, but turbo Caravans are known to lay down the rubber.

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 29/08/2009 19:18

Originally Posted By: robricc
Originally Posted By: wfaulk
And the Chevy Minivan?

I don't know much about Chevys, but turbo Caravans are known to lay down the rubber.

I love stuff like that, my Brother was a Vauxhall nut and had two small cars with engine transplants. My favorite was his Corsa with a Calibra Turbo engine, unlike his Nova that he had before, he kept it stock looking. The only thing that was a little out of the ordinary was the exhaust note. But since lots of weedy car owners put straight through exhausts on it wasn't a total giveaway. That was a fun car, there wasn't much on the road at the time that could really compare, although it torque steered like a bastard.
Posted by: DWallach

Re: Top Gear / Jeremy Clarkson DVDs? - 30/08/2009 00:54

Meanwhile, speaking of the Stig:
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/25/forget-waldo-bbc-books-coming-out-with-i-wheres-stig-i-for/