Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go

Posted by: Ezekiel

Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 21/09/2003 08:36

I went to Staples today looking for one of the blue canvas covered 3" ring 8 1/2"x 11" 3-ring binders that I'd used so many times in middle school (circa 1984) and I couldn't find them. Where did they go?

I've just googled for the past hour looking for them, and the closest I found was an 11x17 canvas legal binder (green).

I found Oxford's parent company site Esselte, which told my my nearest store carrying their product was the Staples I'd just been in.

Are canvas binders extinct? I really don't want vinyl as these are for my CD collection that's going to be out in my living room on a bookshelf.

Help!

-Zeke
Posted by: trs24

Re: Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 21/09/2003 17:47

I couldn't find any cool canvas binders, but I did find this site with all sorts of binders made of other materials.

These binders were my favorites. Thery are covered in some kind of linen-textured cloth.

The aluminum (al-you-minium for those across the pond) binders are pretty cool, too.

Hope that helps!

- trs
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 22/09/2003 11:08

Well, those are certainly closer than anything I've found so far. Thanks!

-Zeke
Posted by: trs24

Re: Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 22/09/2003 15:04

Sure - no prob. Here is the manufacturer of those binders if you'd like to find a different place to buy them. They list online and area retailers.

- trs
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 22/09/2003 16:35

I remember drawing Van Halen and Twisted Sister logos on my blue canvas 3-ring binders in 4th grade... Ah, the memories.

We're not gonna take it... No! We ain't gonna take it! We're not gonna take it... Anymore!
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Where did the blue canvas Oxford 3-ring binders go - 22/09/2003 16:38

I know, when I saw this thread, that's the first thing I thought of was the VH symbol drawn in ball point pen. Similar reference material here, hover over "Characters"...