play all songs

Posted by: edsmiata

play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:02

Does anybody know how, upon turning the unit on, I am able to queue all songs that have been loaded into the player? Do I have to copy all of the songs into a playlist to do this, or, from the Playlist menu, can I drill down to the first 'arrow' that appears on the screen to do this? I would think that my second suggestion should work, but when I do I never see the number of songs that I know have been downloaded on to the player appear on the screen.

Thanks for you help!

Ed
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:06

Yes. Down-Down-Down puts all of the songs on the player in the running order.

How off is the number that shows up? If it's a few lower, then it's likely that you have songs that either got orphaned or you've got multiples of the same song in different playlists, but you're counting those multiple times.

So, what number do you expect and what do you see?

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:15

In emplode i am seeing just over 3,500 songs. On the HU display i am seeing less than 2500. I hope I dont have that many duplicates!
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:16

Do you have any playlists set up as "ignore as child" ?
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:28

Good point. Some of my flags (although I don't think that one) got set even though I didn't do it. I think that that was a bug with jEmplode a while back.

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:33

honestly dont know..gotta check that out later!

Thanks!
Posted by: tfabris

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:38

but when I do I never see the number of songs that I know have been downloaded on to the player appear on the screen.
This is a FAQ Entry.

Also remember that you can't play a song from the "Playlists" menu unless it's... in a playlist.
Posted by: tfabris

Re: play all songs - 04/03/2003 14:40

I think I need to update that FAQ entry a bit, though, it gives "Wendy Filters" as an example of another way the number of tracks could be less. But there are others, so I'll link those too.
Posted by: frog51

Re: play all songs - 05/03/2003 02:05

I have found another way I get differing numbers, although it doesn't really bother me.

If I turn shuffle off, and then down-down-down, I get 6876 tracks. Select shuffle random, down-down-down, I get 5692 tracks.

This puzzles me a little - as I'm not using wendys or ignore-as-child.

Any thoughts
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: play all songs - 05/03/2003 02:14

I'm sure there's a FAQ entry someone will point out, but shuffle de-duplicates the playlist, so you don't get repeats. There's a way to turn this off if you want in the config file.

Matthew
Posted by: ricin

Re: play all songs - 05/03/2003 02:25

Correct. See here.

Damn it, now I feel stupid, that's exactly what Tony already linked to. Guess I should actually *read* the rest of the thread and pay attention.
Posted by: frog51

Re: play all songs - 05/03/2003 08:18

Errrm - ah. Okay, that all makes sense. Did a quick FAQ check a while back and didn't spot that one.

Cheers ricin

Ror