Smoke and Clear Lens Sale!

Posted by: DarkStorm

Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 29/11/2002 11:09

For a limited time the Smoke and Clear Lenses will be on sale.

Take advantage now and buy yourself an early Christmas present! You deserve it.

You can get to the site from the link in my sig or at the top of the site her in the link-bar.
Posted by: snoopstah

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 29/11/2002 14:24

Woohoo.

Gonna pick myself up a clear lens, and a couple of gel filters, I think!

If I order a clear gel (consisting of, I believe, a clear lens and one gel), do I need to still buy another three filters, or can I just buy a couple - your minimum order of four filters doesn't say whether this is for all orders or just for orders consisting only of filters.

Wish I could afford the full set - that'd be a nice selection!

Cheers,

A.
Posted by: snoopstah

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 29/11/2002 14:28

Having said that, the clear lens is $10 on its own from the lenses page, but a clear lens and gel is $25 from the gels page - so I guess I'll buy a lens from the lens page and some gels on their own!

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 29/11/2002 15:43

I left it that way because people don't realise that Smoke Gels and Clear Gels are permanently mounted. If you want to be able to change them you have to order it the way you said. (Lenses from the Lens page and Gel Filters from the Gel page)

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 29/11/2002 15:46

On the amount of Filters. I'm not holding people to that but ones that do order at least 4 get preference in the order lineup since I have to cut them by hand.
Posted by: mrfixit

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 30/11/2002 07:15

Steve, I have just added some money to my paypal account to get a lens and you know how long that takes, so how long are you going to have them on sale ?

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 30/11/2002 07:17

I haven't decided on how long yet.
At least through the weekend though.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 30/11/2002 08:08

Ahh, can you give me an extension or somthing, I would get one with some gels right now but I only have $9 in the paypal account .

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 30/11/2002 08:26

Email me. I don't do any dealings over the board.
Posted by: loren

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 11:12

I'm getting this error message trying to get to your site!

"Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access has been denied. "
Posted by: robricc

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 13:44

same here.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 16:24

Apparently Bellsouths webservers for the homepages are down. I suggest trying it later.

Posted by: Daria

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 17:26

Still down (or maybe I didn't look careful at the time of your post and that's not shocking)

Out of curiousity, what are the prices? Someone else mentioned $10 for clear, how much are the smoke?

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 17:43

Smoke Lenses are $15 for the sale.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 01/12/2002 22:19

The site is back up now.
Posted by: smu

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 02/12/2002 05:30

I haven't decided on how long yet.
At least through the weekend though.

Any news on how long the offer will be valid?

cu,
sven

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 02/12/2002 05:32

BTW: Smoke Lens stock is getting low, if anyone that intends on getting one is still on the wall about it.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 02/12/2002 05:37

I still haven't made up my mind yet.
Suffice it to say at the least until Wednesday Midnight (which is tomorrow night) and longest until Monday Midnight (which is Sunday night).
Oh. That's GMT-5 by the way for people that don't realise where I am.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 03/12/2002 05:07

Stocks are getting low get them while you can!

Sale will end tonight unless there is a huge rush for them.
Posted by: mvigneau

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 03/12/2002 08:32

I have a stupid question?
I see the word Gel Filters but I have no idea what it is?
Posted by: rtundo

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 03/12/2002 11:32

Gel filters are heat-resistant plastic sheets which Darkstorm cuts to fit behind the smoked or clear lenses. They come in a variety of colors and allow you to change the color of your display while keeping the smoked/clear lens. All of my displays in my truck are smoked lenses with teal-like displays. I was able to capture this same effect with my empeg using the gel inserts. They are awesome.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 03/12/2002 19:53

Yes, they are great click here to see them, you can also click on the pics to see larger ones.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 04/12/2002 04:58

Well. The rush was decent enough to warrant another day for the sale.

Get 'em while you can!
Posted by: tallica0

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 00:07

oh man I'm so hosed

I tried to update my expiration date on my credit card with paypal and it decided instead to block my card altogether... then I decided that I was sick of this card anyway so I applied for a paypal visa and when I was accepted I made the mistake of reading the terms and conditions which wound up making me lose the "agree" button so I can't get the card anymore and they won't let me apply again.

My PayPal account is broken... my RioCar is broken, and I can't get a shnazzy smoke lens... what else is gonna go wrong?

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 00:11

You can pay using your checking/savings account with Paypal as well as CC's.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 02:11

OK. I've decided to let it run to the end of the week.
Saturday morning 6AM GMT-5 or until they run out which they are damn close to doing now.
Posted by: klaruz

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 13:17

Do you send an email when you ship? I pay paled the money on the 2nd, and got the paypal receipt. I just wanna make sure if I don't see one in my mail in 2 weeks that I don't email you and find out I'm out $20 and you have no smoke lenses left.
Posted by: 303

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 13:22

me too
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 13:24

Greetings!

I also ordered a few extra, just in case. Steve is really good with shipping, so I would not worry about that.
Posted by: eliceo

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 16:25

I ordered on the 1st, maybe it will come tomorrow.
Posted by: tallica0

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 05/12/2002 19:30

I'm back... forgot I had a discover card!

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 06/12/2002 00:55

No one needs to worry. I'm not discontinuing the Smoke or Clear Lenses and no ones order will go unfilled.

I am running behind at the moment but everyones order will get sent out before weekends end.

Each person receives a confirmation email when their order is ready to go out Priority Mail the next morning.

Hang tight, It's coming!

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 06/12/2002 05:58

OK the Smoke lenses are out of stock but I left the site still able to place orders for them.
So if you still want to get them at the sale price go ahead and order. They'll be backordered and when I get more material and another few batches made up your order will go out.
This is only for the course of the sale. I will change the site back to not being able to order when I end the sale.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 07/12/2002 19:50

Have decided to let the sale run to Monday Midnight -5 GMT (also known as Sunday night ) for those that still want in on the sale.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 10/12/2002 05:15

Well. I haven't made up my mind when to end it. So I am still letting the sale run for now for anyone that still wants the sale price.
Call it Christmas spirit I guess.
Remember anyone ordering Smoke or Smoke Gels after the 5th is on backorder till I can get more batches made up, which isn't easy right now since my shop is absolutely swamped with work. Even so, as long as the sale price is on my site you will still get them for that price.

Happy Holidays!
Steve

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 16/12/2002 05:54

I am still in the Christmas spirit at the moment so the sale continues. For now.....

I also have quite a few seconds of Smoke lenses that I will let go for $10 ea. + S&H ($4.50 US, $5.50 Int) They are still usable since you can't see the problems with them when they are installed. There are quite a few so if you want one go ahead and Paypal to drkstorm@bellsouth.net for how many you want plus S&H. Make sure to include your address and how many you want in the message area. If I end up running out before I get home (like that'll happen) Your order will be refunded.

I am also still feeling out for how much interest there is for the vinyl mask to do the Magic Marker Mod. So far only 2 people seem interested in it. If you are you need to email me and tell me so. My address is the same that you Paypal to. You can also find contact info on my site and in my profile.

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 18/12/2002 05:10

No takers on the seconds?

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 20/12/2002 05:42

No takers on seconds still?
OK I will drop the price on Mark II Smoke seconds to $7 + Shipping.

Any takers now?
Posted by: JBjorgen

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 20/12/2002 07:26

I'm a taker. I just ordered two.
Posted by: papinist

Re: Smoke and Clear Lens Sale! - 20/12/2002 15:54

I have ordered a couple, too
Only because I paid the other two smokes I have a lot of money