Okay I currently have a MkII with 36 GB (2 x 18GB.) Two things happened which are making me consider buying a RioCar... First I dropped my Empeg from 3 feet and broke the handle (thank $DEITY that's all I broke!!!!!!!) and then they dropped $300 off the price of the 10GB model. $699 is still a lot of cash but I would also have the option of selling my MkII once I fix the handle.

So I'm posting in Technical to ask what the process might be to move everything on my MkII to the new MkIIa. I want to take the two HD's out of my Empeg and install them in the RioCar, and then move the 10GB drive into the Empeg. I would want to preserve my music, settings, etc. I know there's a clone tool but it doesn't seem that would work for what I'm trying to do. Is it as simple as taking the drives out of the old one and putting them in the new? Somehow I don't think so... I've seen multiple cases where people wanted to do weird upgrades with various configurations, but I hadn't seen one like this... So what would I do? Oh, I'm not asking how to do the HD installs because I've done those before.

Right now I have the Sonic Blue E-store in another window and I'm SO close to buying a RioCar.... Ugh it's killing me!

-Tony
MkII #554