So I don't have much 1st hand experience with LCD technology

I just got permission to upgrade my PC to use a couple of Dell 2007WPs (which I just got my shipping email for!) on condition that I do this project for SWMBO too!

Yes, it's going to be for watching TV in the bath. I was told to do it so don't moan at me

So now I need a 24" (roughly) monitor and it's for TV/movies only.

Now, I'll grant you that a bathroom install isn't for everyone - but I don't really think that bit matters - hopefully the question is interesting to anyone who wants an LCD for a MythTV or MediaCentre TV...

It will be RCD protected and in a big toughened-glass-enclosed (and vented) alcove which is in another room essentially. So don't worry about electrics, overheating or humidity - I've got that covered

Viewing will be at ~2m and it is going to be wall mounted on a tilt mechanism so it will be pretty much head on (and I can guarantee there won't be too much movement from the sweet spot ) This makes me think that TN may be OK.

So, options:
* TN based : Dell E248WFP (gamut benefit) or Samsung SM245B
* PVA based : Dell 2407WFP-HC or Hyundai W240D-PVA (glossy ... mmmm)

I suppose I'm wondering if I'm letting myself in for a problem using a TN screen as a TV - ie do they provide an acceptable video image?
If consensus is that they're OK then "problem solved" (well, easier anyhow!)

If TN isn't the way to go then I guess the Hyundai W241D-PVA is the next choice (the Dell has possible ghosting issues) but extra £££s too.

So, thoughts would be much appreciated