I know I ask a lot of "RTFM" questions, and I hate doing it. So, I really need to learn how to search this BBS. I never have any luck finding anything, so any tips you can share would be appreciated (and would save ya'll from reading my annoying posts).

For example, I'm looking for the Farnell part number of the buttons used for the 303 faces (and MK1 fascias?). I know I've seen them somewhere in the past year; probably in some of the fascia threads. How can I use the BBS search function to find this?

My attempt is this:
Search - empeg General forum - keywords in subject and body - posts newer than 1 year - using keywords "Farnell button caps" (because I think they were called "caps" for some reason).

I get over 700 results, showing me a nice summary of that forum for the past year. So, I try to be more specific to limit the number of results. Search phrase "Farnell button part number" gives me 2000 hits.

"Advanced Search" tips mention using +. So, my new query is "+Farnell +button +part +number" from the past 2 years. Hm, gives me 7 results that seem promising.

So, is that how I need to use the search? Put a + in front of every term? So, doing that puts a thread in the results if, across the entire thread, each of those words appears once? I *think* that's how it's working, but I don't totally understand. My search-fu is weak.