Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#341881 - 04/02/2011 21:48 How to get a job at Apple...
drakino
carpal tunnel

...build an empeg-car player.

http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2011/02/04/how-to-get-a-job-at-apple/

(under Route 2, Hugo is specifically mentioned, due to this writeup from his university)

#341897 - 05/02/2011 13:13 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: drakino]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Good articles. Thanks for the link!

#341915 - 06/02/2011 03:21 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: mlord]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
Agreed. Thanks.

#341918 - 06/02/2011 04:35 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: JBjorgen]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Definitely cool to see Hugo get mentioned. I do wish, though, that the empeg got some love in either article frown

#341929 - 06/02/2011 16:30 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: Dignan]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Interesting read, but I suspect you could substitute ACME Widgets for Apple and be just as well targeted.

#341944 - 06/02/2011 19:40 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: gbeer]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
ISTR reading the Warwick doc on their website a while ago.

The linked article did make me wonder how many serious programmers out there would really try to get a top-flight developer job at Apple by first getting a position in one of the retail shops? Surely there can't be anyone who's achieved that? Maybe in the sales side of the business but surely not development.

It also made me wonder how many people in their employ actually don't just work there for the sheer love of the company or bragging rights, but would actually be just as happy to work for Google or a small startup or even, dare I say it, Microsoft?

I thought the tone of the article made it sound like there were legions of desperate Apple fanboys of varying technical ability, eager to do anything just to stand next to Steve in the lunch queue.

Andy M

#342105 - 08/02/2011 04:49 Re: How to get a job at Apple... [Re: andym]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Originally Posted By: andym
ISTR reading the Warwick doc on their website a while ago.

A little frightening, but nobody from the thought police has yet mentioned it to me... that's the problem with the internet, stuff gets found and re-purposed frown

The linked article did make me wonder how many serious programmers out there would really try to get a top-flight developer job at Apple by first getting a position in one of the retail shops? Surely there can't be anyone who's achieved that? Maybe in the sales side of the business but surely not development.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no path of progression there. You pretty much have to be in Cupertino to do any development work, as I found. Anything remote tends to be retail/sales/marketing/support.

I thought the tone of the article made it sound like there were legions of desperate Apple fanboys of varying technical ability, eager to do anything just to stand next to Steve in the lunch queue.

Being next to SJ in the sushi queue makes it very hard to chit-chat idly with your friends, believe me smile