Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#338102 - 09/10/2010 17:30 How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Uncle Google isn't helping here, but there must be a way to do this. Anyone know?

Let's say my friends and I are done watching a recording of a show, and then the Tivo sits there on the Now Playing screen after it is done. It's sitting there nice and quiet, and my friends and I are now having a nice conversation.

A few minutes later suddenly the Tivo flips over to Live TV all by itself and it's THIS FUCKING LOUD and it gives us a heart attack.

Surely there's a way to turn that off so that it just stays on the Now Playing screen and doesn't time out? Note: My TV is LCD so it is not affected by burn-in, so this isn't an issue.

#338103 - 09/10/2010 17:38 Re: How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle? [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Yeah why is whatever it goes to for live tv way louder than what you were watching. I hate that too.

Tell my LCD monitor that I can see excel icons in the back ground on that there is no burn in smile

Matt

#338104 - 09/10/2010 17:51 Re: How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle? [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Originally Posted By: msaeger
Yeah why is whatever it goes to for live tv way louder than what you were watching. I hate that too.

It's not really, it just seems that way. :-)

Quote:
Tell my LCD monitor that I can see excel icons in the back ground on that there is no burn in smile

Really? I get some short term ghosting of menu bars on one particular LCD monitor I've got at work, but it goes away after a bit if I change the screen.

#338105 - 09/10/2010 18:24 Re: How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle? [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Pause?

wink

#338108 - 09/10/2010 21:26 Re: How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle? [Re: Dignan]
tman
carpal tunnel

I'd expect there to be a setting you can tweak inside the MFS partitions but it won't be a documented thing and you'd need to have had hacked your TiVo...

#338109 - 09/10/2010 21:36 Re: How to keep Tivo from automaticallyl going to Live TV when idle? [Re: Dignan]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Yeah, in this situation, I just pick a random recording, play it, then hit pause. Pressing pause on live TV doesn't work, as it'll eventually get to the end of the buffer and start playing again.

The mute button also works.

I recognize that none of these actually answers your question, but I'm not aware of any setting to do what you asked for.