Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#272010 - 12/12/2005 17:04 Does anyone know about this program?
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
The chief engineer where I work says that some of his fellow engineers in other parts of the country are very impressed with this program, but reading the user reviews at Newegg shows that there are some common threads of discontent (impossibly poor technical support; bugs that keep it from working at all) among about a 10% minority of users.

Is the 10% just a bunch of incompetent malcontents that can't figure out how to work the program, or are there really problems with this software?

Has anybody here used this software, and if so with what results?

tanstaafl.

#272011 - 12/12/2005 17:57 Re: Does anyone know about this program? [Re: tanstaafl.]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I use that software all the time (well, I have version 8.x). It's great in my opinion. My friend has 9.0 and doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

I have used it multiple times to backup and restore my laptop without issue. Backups are really fast. I think it did 20GB worth of data in about 29 minutes over ethernet to a windows share. I'm very pleased and impressed with it.

#272012 - 12/12/2005 19:21 Re: Does anyone know about this program? [Re: tanstaafl.]
DeadFire
addict

I also use Acronis True Image 8 on a weekly basis. I regularly backup the hard drive of my work notebook. I am responsible for certain files (not terribly important) of which I have the only copies.

I have never had any problems with it, and the interface is very easy to learn. I did a little research before I bought it, and found it rated highly around the web.