Neither Alpine nor any 3rd-party manufacturer makes a connector/harness that attaches into the end of their mini-amp that normally connects into an Alpine stereo head-unit. So in order to use this amp with another aftermarket head-unit (i.e. the empeg), normally this end must be cut off and spliced into the wiring harness for that head-unit; however, doing so voids Alpine’s warranty which I don’t want to do. If any one has one of these amps and has cut off the connector ends to wire into a non-Alpine system, I’m interested in purchasing the end that came from the side of the amp that has the fuse (the connector end which has the socket). The other connector end can be purchased online, but if you want to sell one of those to me for a good price, I'll buy that end also: I figure about $5 per connector end (OBO) and I would also pay for shipping of course using PayPal. Does anyone have any of these ends that have been cut from an Alpine amp or a broken head unit that I could use the connector from?

FYI: These connectors contain 16-PIN's.

Image of what I want under posting: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/2682769607.html

Edited by Hollywood Justin (03/11/2011 07:46)