Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#259780 - 06/07/2005 06:54 20gb Empeg
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
The Boxer 20gig is for sale, this is an original Empeg (feel the quality of the metal): Serial no: 060000309, it comes with Tuner, a black case , 2 Kenwood remotes.

It can also be sold with a spare car dock, or that can go separately.

I would prefer to sell in the UK, avoid, ebay, probably deliver in person and make sure you're happy with it, collecting cash at the same time, or anyone who is quick, I can take it to Amersfoort this weekend.

#259781 - 06/07/2005 08:31 Re: 20gb Empeg [Re: boxer]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
!!! You are selling your player??? Is there a sad tale behind this, or is this a spare?

#259782 - 06/07/2005 09:00 Re: 20gb Empeg [Re: pgrzelak]
boxer
pooh-bah

It's a change in lifestyle, I used to do a large annual mileage and am a music fanatic, the Empeg was the answer to a 40 year prayer!
Now I've retired, I sometimes don't drive for days and as car I've purchased doesn't have a din hole in the fascia, I've fitted a modulator for the Karma.
When we're in our motorhome, Mrs.B has the radio on in the morning, the Empeg tuner has never worked as well, in our experience, as a proprietary HU. It's then that we do 90% of the driving and we tend to listen to talking books otherwise, either on cassettes, C.D's or the Karma, on a long journey.
The sale particularly occurs now, because, when I got the Empeg, I let my daughter have my Sony HU and CD changer for her Citroen Saxo, next week, she's getting a new car with a reasonable sound system (And no DIN aperture), so the Sony can go in the motorhome, which will mean that we've got fitted cassette* and CD, rather than feeding them in to the aux socket of the Empeg from portables.
Having said which, the motorhome is languishing in the repairers at the moment, but it's not all bad, we've hired a motor cruiser to do a bit of boating in a couple of weeks.
So, all round, I'd prefer someone who is enthusiastic to have one and get the most out of it, than to have it sitting on a shelf. Hence I thought the site was a better bet than ebay.
3 points I missed in the original post:
!. All profits go to Diabetes Research.
2. Depending on someone who has first refusal, I may also have a Mark Lord dock to go.
3. If someone in the US wanted it, I can maybe get it flown to Tennessee on the 18th July.

*I know cassettes are from the ark, but we have a stack, plenty of room to store them in the motorhome, and if you stop to buy a talking book at a motorway service area, they tend still to be on cassette.

#259783 - 06/07/2005 09:10 Re: 20gb Empeg [Re: boxer]
StigOE
addict

If no one else wants the dock and you're able to bring it to Amersfoort, I might buy it, depending on price.

Stig

#259784 - 07/07/2005 11:32 Re: 20gb Empeg [Re: StigOE]
JayF
journeyman

How much for the player and dock are you asking?

email is best as sometimes I get really busy. [email protected]

Thx!

#259785 - 12/07/2005 15:52 Re: 20gb Empeg [Re: JayF]
boxer
pooh-bah

I'm hanging fire on this sale for a month or two, to give me time to try out the new alpha. Not to mention the considerable feeling of being blackballed by the community over the weekend at amersfoort!