Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#197859 - 10/01/2004 17:17 Central & Rio Receiver live again at CES?
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
I was just reading the IGN CES 2004 coverage and noticed this little nugget of information about Denons new "networked" home audio/video devices.

The photos, on that link appear to show redisigned "Central" and "Receiver", except all-in-black and with added PVR functionality, and what looks like a removeable hard disk in the media server.
The "Central" is now called a NS-S100 Server and the "receiver" is now called a NS-C200 Client.
I note both of these are stated as "prototypes".

Even the 4-way pad control looks like the one from my Rio Receiver - not 2 feet from where I'm typing this. [except again, its in black].

These are the kinds of convergence devices that SB could have and should have been announcing 1-2 years ago.

So we now get the drawing together of Audio and Video devices instead the recent Balkanisation of devices - i.e. these ones for audio, these ones for Video etc.

I don't see prices, specs and I'd like more details like likely release dates of products using this technology.

But perhaps Rob can comment - do these prototypes have Central & Receiver functionality in them?

I guess whether they ever turn up as actual products will depend on the reaction of the VIP attendees to the concept and products.

#197860 - 11/01/2004 17:11 Re: Central & Rio Receiver live again at CES? [Re: number6]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Nothing to do with Cambridge. If Central had benefitted from a case like that somebody might have bought it!

Rob