Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#57344 - 10/01/2002 02:51 Calling Frank Van Gestel
Dava

Loc: Bucks UK
I am seriously worried about Frank now. We have not seen any posts for some time. I hope he is OK.

Does anyone know him personally who could reassure me he is well?

#57345 - 10/01/2002 03:30 Re: Calling Frank Van Gestel [Re: Dava]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
I don't know Frank, but I am sure I recall reading something on Franks Site [or even a post from him] about 'going away for several months' from November 2001

I assume that Frank is incommunicado [and more to the point, knew he would be in advance of him becoming so] - he could be a reservist in the Armed Forces or something similar hence the lack of recent communication from him.

Still it would be good if someone could confirm that Frank is ok and when he will be 'back on the planet' again

#57346 - 10/01/2002 03:38 Re: Calling Frank Van Gestel [Re: number6]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
for some reason this jogs my memory as well

#57347 - 10/01/2002 07:52 Re: Calling Frank Van Gestel [Re: Dava]
schofiel
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wareham, Dorset, UK
Frank works on contract design through an engineering bureau. It could be has gone on assignment somewhere; lack of net access could also be explained by a company with a highly restrictive net policy (I've had this here) and if he's away somewhere, I suspect his wife and kids will come first at the weekend when he comes home.

I'll see if I can find him in the phone book and give him a call.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015

#57348 - 31/01/2002 15:33 Frank calling back [Re: Dava]
fvgestel
old hand

Loc: Netherlands
Well I'm still alive guys...
Sorry for not keeping up with the board lately, I just am very busy on all fronts. I've had some major changes in both my personal and professional environment over the past few months, which required my full attention. All is well now though. I did read the BBS a few times and when I did, I found 1000+ unread messages, so I realized keeping up with the BBS was a battle to be lost...
Anyway, I'm still making a living as a contractor, but now under another contract(read better contract) at the same employer at the same client.
The family is OK. My oldest daughter has had some bladder and kidney problems, which requires regular checks for inflammation, but if she follows the rules set by the doctor, all should turn out well. She's 6, and I can understand it's hard to follow advice sometimes
My current tasks at work also take up much more time then a year ago; too many boring meetings and paperwork, so no time to surf web.
I haven't done much programming on the empeg either, except fore some changes in displayserver, like a simple texteditor and some other stuff, which I can't remember.
I'm out of text now...

#57349 - 31/01/2002 15:49 Re: Frank calling back [Re: fvgestel]
Terminator
old hand

Loc: Dallas, TX
Glad to hear everything is ok. If you get a chance, check out mark's hijack kernel. He's put in a lot of hard work on it! The link is at the top of this page.

Sean

#57350 - 31/01/2002 16:28 Re: Frank calling back [Re: fvgestel]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
Welcome back Frank, we've missed you .