Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#262869 - 17/08/2005 05:40 palantir
bjoern

Loc: Regensburg, Germany
I tried to find cushman's email, but on his site it said to discuss Palantir issues here...
1) I wondered how I can create a playlist that contains only, say, a soundtrack (with a number of different artists) and beam it to the empeg? I can only search artists, but that won't help me find the soundtrack (most often I don't even know any artist on the soundtrack).
2) Is there a way to run Palantir from an expansion card to save precious RAM?

#262870 - 17/08/2005 06:58 Re: palantir [Re: bjoern]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Quote:
I can only search artists, but that won't help me find the soundtrack

Unfortunately, this is not possible. See the FAQ here. The database is very small to make it workable on the Palm and this means there are limitations. Personally, I would prefer an option of an album-based soup view too... its great the way it works now, but I think an album based view would be awesome

#262871 - 17/08/2005 10:18 Re: palantir [Re: bjoern]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
Is there a way to run Palantir from an expansion card to save precious RAM?

Not at the moment. I may write this in a future release but don't count on it. With all the new Palms coming out with more and more built-in memory the need fades, and PalmSource didn't make it easy at all to code this.

#262872 - 20/08/2005 08:43 Re: palantir [Re: cushman]
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
can't you do it a la ipod and just add an ALL entry for the artists, so the "Track By Album" screen will contain all of the albums, allowing you to select all songs in a various artists tracklist?

#262873 - 20/08/2005 11:46 Re: palantir [Re: image]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
No. To make it fast, the concept is this: All tracks are listed one after another in the database in sort order Artist - Year - Album - Tracknr - Title. This way when displaying an album, all I have to do is seek to the first song in that album and read out x tracks until I hit the next album. It doesn't work like a relational database where you can use a query to return records. This was developed on a Palm Vx, so speed was one of my concerns, and a database with 10,000 tracks would have been slow, especially when scrolling in one of the views.