Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#145559 - 24/02/2003 21:00 cant sync, and now player locks up
kswish0
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
Last night, I installed several games and emphatic on drive0. Today, I tried to do a synch to add some new songs with lyrics and it wouldn't work, it got hung up on "checking media". So I killed all the running programs and tried again. This time, it made it past checking media, but got hung up when it was transfering the music. I eventually had to just pull the plug. Now, whenever I apply power to the player, it has to rebuild the database, when its finally done doing that, a song will start playing for a few seconds, then it just locks up. None of the buttons work on the player, and the serial output goes into an infinite loop of saying...

VM: do_try_to_free_pages failed for player...

It starts doing this before it gives me the option of pressing q to enter the shell. Emplode isn't even able to find it anymore. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

#145560 - 24/02/2003 21:10 Re: cant sync, and now player locks up [Re: kswish0]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
When you installed emphatic, did you happen to add or change the ReserveCache line in config.ini? What did you set it to?

Do you have a Mk2 or a Mk2a?