Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#61352 - 19/01/2002 22:33 Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Ok, so I've had my unit for about a week and I finally got it installed (well, sort of) today. I have to say, I thought it was cool before I got it into my car. Now I just don't have the words.

The equalizer on this thing is awesome, I can't say enough about it. I'm not an audiophile (not even close) so all I have is factory speakers and a $50 amp. I couldn't believe how good this unit sounds. What truly amazed me is how good my existing head unit (alpine) sounded when run through the aux in on the Empeg: I didn't know it would use the Empeg's equalizer. My cd player has never come close to sounding like this before, and I hardly knew what I was doing when I set up the EQ.

Anyway, Thankyou guys so much for making such an outsdanding product. I am totally blown away.

#61353 - 20/01/2002 03:13 Re: Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys [Re: JeffS]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I'm not an audiophile (not even close) so all I have is factory speakers and a $50 amp. I couldn't believe how good this unit sounds.

[soapbox]
Now, if you really want to be impressed... get a subwoofer! I recommend a single 10" in a sealed box. I know you won't believe me, and no amount of talking will convince you of this, but a subwoofer will make an even bigger improvement in your sound than the RioCar did.
[/soapbox]

tanstaafl.

#61354 - 20/01/2002 05:13 Re: Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys [Re: tanstaafl.]
rtundo
addict

Loc: Albany, NY
Amen.

#61355 - 20/01/2002 06:20 Re: Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys [Re: tanstaafl.]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Yeah, I know. I actually have a pretty decent system at home and the sub makes all the difference. I actually DO plan to put a sub and new speakers in as soon as I can afford it, but I am just floored at what this unit has done with about the worst sounding speakers I have ever heard.

#61356 - 20/01/2002 07:10 Re: Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys [Re: JeffS]
rtundo
addict

Loc: Albany, NY
One option....buy a powered sub and bass blockers for the speakers (at somewhere like crutchfield). Removing the low freqs. from your speakers may make them sound much better (maybe even acceptable to keep).....just a thought

#61357 - 20/01/2002 09:09 Re: Big Thankyou To The Empeg Guys [Re: rtundo]
Yang
addict

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have to agree... When I had only my Pioneer (DEH-300) headunit and a 10" kenwood sub in a bandpas enclosure, I never really cared that they were on factory speakers. I've since upgraded them, but at the time, it wasn't a problem. The biggest problem they have is handling low bass, so cutting them to mid+ ranges helps out tremendously..