Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#371853 - 29/03/2019 12:21 Installing GSuit account on iPhone doesn't work?
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
Guys,

I'm having an issue here. I've got my own domain name, and I use Google's GSuite for this. I use it only for emails and agenda basically.

I made the transition from iOS to Android some time ago (so for me it works without a problem), but I can't remember ever having had this problem in the past when I was still using my iPhone.

This is the problem : my wife has now bought an iPhone XS to replace her iPhone SE. I did the same thing I always used to do and always worked before in the past : create a backup in iTunes from the old phone, and then install the backup onto the new phone. This never failed me in the past.

Now I'm having a problem with my Gsuite account. I have no problem installing my wife's GMAIL account, that works without a problem. But her GSuite account, which is basically also Gmail but not @gmail.com but @domain.be does not work. I simply cannot make the iPhone to setup the account. (via email accounts -> Google -> ...) I've tried it manually, and then the emails show up, but not the calandar, which is also not acceptable.

I thought this was because I implemented 2FA in the last year, so I already disabled that, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this and how I can install my GSUITE account onto my wife's iPhone again?

Thanks!

#371859 - 30/03/2019 05:00 Re: Installing GSuit account on iPhone doesn't work? [Re: BartDG]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm not positive why this is happening, but one of the nice parts of having G Suite is that you have tech support. I assume this is the case in Belgium? Over here it's actually pretty good support, and they should be able to figure it out. Perhaps you have device management setup? I'm really not certain...

#371860 - 30/03/2019 06:22 Re: Installing GSuit account on iPhone doesn't work? [Re: BartDG]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I believe this is something Apple broke in the very latest version of iOS released in the last week or so.

#371861 - 30/03/2019 07:10 Re: Installing GSuit account on iPhone doesn't work? [Re: BartDG]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I was misremembering, that issue was on the latest MacOS.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.iphoneh...mojave.html/amp

#371862 - 30/03/2019 09:14 Re: Installing GSuit account on iPhone doesn't work? [Re: andy]
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
Solved! Tried again this morgen and it worked immediately, just like it should. So the fault was clearly at Google's end and they have fixed it. Yay!

While I do commend Google for fixing it, I sure wished they would communicate this stuff better. Maybe a webpage with the status of all their services. That would have saved me a lot of time because I would just would have waited a bit then instead of wasting hours of my time the last couple of days. 

@Matt : I don't have any tech support because I'm still using the old Legacy GSuite (Google apps in the days) which was and is still free for users that were using it before they transformed into a paid service.

@Andy : I also found that link, but indeed, it was about MacOS. I have to admit it was that link that started to make me think the fault was either with Google or Apple...

Cheers!