Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#275566 - 05/02/2006 11:55 FS: Faulty Empeg and Accessories
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Hi All,

First of all, many thanks for the help and support you guys have given me over the years on the BBS.
The time has now come to sell the empeg, as we are all Ipod'd here and I need the money to put towards a HTPC.

The Empeg is a Mk2a, with 20gb and 30gb Fujitsu drives in it (50gb total). It is working but needs some TLC to make it perfect. It needs a new Rotary Encoder. The IDE Header I think is slightly faulty as now and again i get No Hard Disk Found. One or two reboots normally cures this. The display has gone dim, which according to the FAQ is a blown fuse, though i'm personally no expert and haven't the ability to check. You can still read the display if you are close to the machine. Also it has another fault in that it will only wake up on a LAN connection (i.e Emplode), not from the controls on the front, once it has been powered off. Not sure what the problem is here.

I'm sure that I can sell the laptop drives on Ebay for a few quid, so i'm looking to get at least something for the empeg.

I have the following accessories:
- Car Sled - Used, but works ok, more specific details on this if required.
- Home Dock - courtesy of MLord. Painted black by myself, so its diy style rather than the professional piano back finish i've seen elsewhere. Just setting expecations ....
- Remote Control. The battery is flat but it works ok
- 6 Lenses. One has a broken corner but works fine.
- UK Power Adapter
- Empeg Box. Ok it's not an accessory but i do have it.

I would be prepared to ship worldwide, buyer to pay all postage costs.

I'll give it a few days on here and then off to Ebay.

Any sensible offers ?

Many Thanks

Edited by LTJBukem (05/02/2006 11:56)

#275567 - 05/02/2006 14:52 Re: FS: Faulty Empeg and Accessories [Re: LTJBukem]
burnswannabe
new poster

HI

just wondering which lenses you have for sale and if you still have the remote. If you do, is it the rio branded one?

#275568 - 05/02/2006 15:51 Re: FS: Faulty Empeg and Accessories [Re: burnswannabe]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

The lenses are the original Red, Green, Blue, Amber, plus 2 filener lenses. I think the colours are flourescent orange and smoke. The smoke one is installed at the moment, and slightly damamged one corner.

It is a Rio branded remote control, however it does have some signs of wear and tear, there are scratches on both sides and scuffs to the corners.

#275569 - 05/02/2006 16:09 Re: FS: Faulty Empeg and Accessories [Re: LTJBukem]
burnswannabe
new poster

pm sent