Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#275377 - 01/02/2006 12:05 Installs (PIC?) in Grand Cherokee (1999+)
jbrinkerhoff

Finally finishing up my PCATS tuner (only took 2 years... :-)

Getting ready to install the empeg in my 2002 Grand Cherokee. It has a 1.5 DIN "opening", which is actually rounded and wider than a normal 1.5 DIN. Im concerned about having a decent looking install. My thoughts so far are:

Get an install kit, but most of these assume ISO (side screw) mounting. I think the sled mount will work, but the empeg will definitely "stick out" the front quite a bit. Ideally Id like to recess it a bit, and create a "surround" to fade it back into the stock opening.

Im debating on interfaces too. I will need a PAC OEM-1 to get the line level outs to work with the stock amp, or replace the amp. Im leaning toward one of the "learning" steering wheel --> IR boxes for steering wheel control. I do have (6) buttons to use, so that will work out nicely - L, R, U, D and knob + -. I was thinking of creating this "false facia" to surround the empeg and take up some of the 1.5 DIN space, and possibly drilling some buttons into it for "additional" functions. Like source, preset, and the "tweak" functions. Anyone done anything like this?

Anyone have pics of 1.5 DIN installs to share? Oh, and lastly, someone bought me a Sirius radio. Anyone have opinions? Ive checked it out, and not so impressed with the quality or selection honestly....

Jeff

#275378 - 01/02/2006 15:07 Re: Installs (PIC?) in Grand Cherokee (1999+) [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
JBjorgen
carpal tunnel

Loc: Columbus, OH
There are some in the gallery, like this one.