Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#232967 - 09/09/2004 01:59 xbox: burnout 3
oliver
addict

anybody else have this yet? i've been playing it for the past 12 hours almost

sooo addicting!

#232968 - 09/09/2004 15:21 Re: xbox: burnout 3 [Re: oliver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I was looking at the screenshots from it, and saying to myself, "this game will own my soul." Then I saw: "Platforms: Xbox, Playstation2" and said, "okay, it will own someone else's soul."

#232969 - 09/09/2004 17:48 Re: xbox: burnout 3 [Re: tfabris]
oliver
addict

The only games i purchase on my xbox are racing sims. I can't stand FPS type games on a console (at least till m$ puts out a keyboard/mouse combo)

I also thought I’d never purchase an xbox live account. But Burnout 3 changed that. Within the first 4 hours of playing i had to signup to checkout what online had to offer.

Truly amazing, it’s basically like single player, except all the other opponents are real live players talking trash over the communicator! Plus it allows you to rack up single player (driver profile) credits and unlock more cars and tracks while playing online!

If you have an xbox, you won't be disappointed with burnout3. Very fast and smooth game play! Did I mention I’m addicted?

Nothing like 1pm to 4am racing straight on a projector filling up my whole wall Now if i couldn't only figure out how to connect the HD cables to the projector
Any ideas on that? It's a Mitsubishi LVP-X400U

#232970 - 09/09/2004 18:06 Re: xbox: burnout 3 [Re: oliver]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Now if i couldn't only figure out how to connect the HD cables to the projector. Any ideas on that? It's a Mitsubishi LVP-X400U

I don't know what kind of outputs the XBox has, or what kind of inputs your projector has, but here's what I know about hooking up my PC to my Mitsubishi rear-projection television...

High definition video comes in two flavors:

1. Component, which is also called "YPrPb", and is made up of three cables. The three cables carry luminance (Y), And red/green/blue chrominance matrixed on the other two cables (Pr and Pb).

2. RGB, which is made up of five cables: Fully separated red, green, and blue luminance (R G and B), plus horizontal and vertical synch (H and V).

My Mitsubishi TV re-uses the same input for both flavors, and there's an onscreen menu to choose whether or not the input is expecting RGBHV or YPrPb.

Now here's the critical thing to know:

RGBHV is the same signaling and cabling standard as computer monitors. It's just that an RGBHV connection has all five signals separated out into five plug connectors, computer monitors have them combined into one little D-sub connector. But they're the same thing.

If the Xbox has a VGA computer monitor output, and your TV has RGBHV high def inputs, then all you need is a breakout cable. I soldered my own, but you can buy them at www.bettercables.com if you like.

If your Xbox only has a component output, then your TV needs to have a component input. Or vice versa.

Now that I've said all that, I'll look up and see if any of the things I just said apply to the inputs and outputs of your gear...

#232971 - 09/09/2004 18:30 Re: xbox: burnout 3 [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Ah, it seems as though the xbox only comes with a component video option, not a VGA option. Odd, considering how the thing's just a Windows PC under the hood.

Anyway, in order for you to hook that up to your projector, your projector must have a Component input (YPrPb). I'm having trouble locating specs on that projector, but it looks like it's a computer-projector mostly, i.e, it might only have a VGA input. In which case, you're SOL unless you wanna pay for a component-to-VGA converter box, which is more complicated than just a breakout cable.

#232972 - 09/09/2004 19:53 Re: xbox: burnout 3 [Re: tfabris]
oliver
addict

Well, I already have the YPrPb adapter for the xbox. The projector has a DVI and 2 vga's, along with the standard component inputs.
I've purchased the ATI DVI to YPrPb thingy, but it turned out my projector has the digital only connector (I think?), and the ATI adapter was one with the 4 extra analog pins.

I've looked around for a more detailed spec sheet, but haven't had much luck. This is the only thing that really lists the basic specs - http://www.mitsubishi-electric.com.tw/eng_et/digi/lvp_x400u.htm

I was thinking about trying to remove the 4 analog pins from the ATI connector, but then I’m not sure what damage I could do to the DVI input.

How much are the VGA to YPrPb boxes?