Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#228302 - 20/08/2004 21:41 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Quote:
if I could use the mouse to move around in the file and to click-to-time without having to switch modes.

Don't remember if it did work in 1.2, but try this: right-left click on the "token column" in edit mode, as you would do in "Sing Mode" It should seek correctly... This Right-Left combination has been replaced in 1.2.1 by middle-click.

Quote:
it'd be nice if I could add a line and have the marker still keep up with the lyric as tagged.

Done in 1.2.1 via Menu: "Reformat Lyrics"... Will be released shortly :-)

Quote:
If you're in edit mode and load a new track, the old lyrics remain. This is disconcerting.

This is how it should work..... If you do save then, the lyrics are saved to the correct file (the previous one)... There are not a lot of other way of doing this... I think... You wouldn't want the plugin to flush the Edited lyrics, just because Winamp skipped to the next track in your playlist.... I don't think saving without User intervention is something I want... Any other Idea... I might stop the "Token" scrolling though. Yes...

#228303 - 20/08/2004 21:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Good point. I was editing one at a time, with a single track in the playlist and then double-clicking to edit a new track. You're right. Maybe just some way to point out that you had started editing this while listening to another track.

#228304 - 22/08/2004 11:48 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
One idea I had for when your in the normal mode maybe have it so when you press and hold Ctrl down and click a line it acts as the Click-As-You-Sing click. Other then that love the plugin works great!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#228305 - 22/08/2004 13:38 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

First, I'd like to know more about the situation you would use this because I don't see the point right now. Let me explain: If you're in Sing-Mode. You're playing the song and somehow, a line is late. You would Ctrl-click on it? It's already too late, No? And if you know that you'll need to click on it, why not go in Edit-Mode to do this?

I really like the distinction between Sing-Mode and Edit-Mode: There's no reason to be concerned to "modify" anything as long as you're in Sing-Mode. What you're asking is to change that behaviour and I reluctant to do this.

BUT, I guess it wouldn't be difficult to do something like: When you press Ctrl-Click, the plugin switch to Edit-Mode and then do what you ask for: insert or modify the timestamp on that line.

How would it be?

#228306 - 22/08/2004 15:46 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Ok let me see if I can explain what I mean better.. What I do is go thru the song and do the clicks on all the lines to set the time stamps then leave that click mode and just stay in regular edit mode. I play the song one more time to adjust the times by a sec or so as needed and every once in a while I need to add a new line and it would be nice while in that mode to just press ctrl+click to get the time stamp entered in with out having to activate that mode. saves me from having to pause the song turn on the click mode and then turn the song back on. Now I have only been using this program for like 1 day so there may be some function already I dont know about. Just thought I would mention what I thought would be cool. Hope this explains what i mean better. let me know if not.
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#228307 - 22/08/2004 17:01 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

Very clear now. What confused me in your previous post was normal mode.

It's so clear now that it's already included in the soon-to-be-released(c) 1.2.1 version. When in "Edit-Mode", if Ctrl is pressed, the plugin will act as if "Click-as-you-Sing" was selected: Left click, Right-Left , Left-Right and Middle will work.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#228308 - 22/08/2004 17:41 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Cool! Thanks! This is SOOOO much easier to use then anything else ive tried. I wouldnt bother with the lyrics if it wasnt for your plugin. I tried one the hard way copying from azlyrics.com and then play pause play pause to get the time for each line. gave up real quick wasnt worth it. with your plugin I got 10 mp3s done in less then a couple hours. was also my first time using it so I was learning as i went

#228309 - 22/08/2004 18:53 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

Glad you like it!

I started the project by mimicing a plugin I was using long ago. But since then, with automatic Internet retrieval and a lot of user requests, it's getting better and better ;-) Sometimes, I'm amazed myself how well it does ;-)

Usually, I can do lyrics by listening to the song only twice, sometimes, a third time if it's a fast one. Once to add the rough timestamps, and the second time, I adjust them with Right-Left and Left-Right buttons depending of the lag/lead of the "token". Sometimes, I get bored easily and don't feel listening the same song twice, so I roughly timestamp the songs, save them and adjust the timestamps the day after. In all, it takes about the same time as if I listened the album twice. Not that bad.

Thanks for the comments! If you have other suggestion(s), don't hesitate.

Patrick

#228310 - 23/08/2004 00:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Patrick,(or anyone who knows)what is maximum number of letters/characters that can fit on one line?

#228311 - 23/08/2004 11:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: newguy1]
elperepat
enthusiast

I'm not aware of any limitation in the SYLT format.

For the plugin, I tried 1000 chars and all is fine. When I tried to double the line length, I just hit a wall: max line length seems to be 1024 chars...

And, as I thought, the maximum length of whole lyrics the plugin is able to handle is 65536 chars, the max size of a string in VB...

The first limit you'll have is the display. You'll have to decrease font size to see that much: at font size 8, I'm able to see 210 chars. In 6, there's about 320 chars visible on screen (at 1280*1024), but I'm not able to read... If you plan to use these lyrics on emphatic, the display will limit you there too.

Do you plan to use the plugin for something else than lyrics??

#228312 - 24/08/2004 00:34 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Quote:
max line length seems to be 1024 chars...

Thanks

Quote:
Do you plan to use the plugin for something else than lyrics??

No but I have a crazy idea i'm thinking of doing
Also ,is the plugin able to do horizontal scrolling of lyrics in winamp?

#228313 - 24/08/2004 00:39 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: newguy1]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
is the plugin able to do horizontal scrolling of lyrics in winamp?

No,

It's something I plan to do sometime, but not a priority for now. The SYLT frame is supporting it, but the way I do the highlighting, I cannot do it right now (I must highlight a complete line). Also, I think that emphatic is not supporting it (Tony?) and I don't know how such lyrics would show in it.

Sorry

#228314 - 24/08/2004 00:53 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Also, I think that emphatic is not supporting it (Tony?) and I don't know how such lyrics would show in it.

If you mean the thing where it highlights each word, no, emphatic doesn't support that. I personally think time-tagging each word is overkill.

Horizontal scrolling of the existing lyrics is, of course, supported, but it's done on a line-by-line basis, not a word-by-word basis. I kinda thought that's what the original question was (whether the plugin could support horizontal scrolling line-by-line the way emphatic does.) I personally don't think it's as needed in the plugin, as we don't have such a short display area to work with in WinAMP as we do on the empeg.

#228315 - 24/08/2004 01:03 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: tonyc]
elperepat
enthusiast

Tonyc:
Thanks for the clarification...

It's what I think, but sometimes, it would be good to be able to tag a before and after a looooooong word at the end of a line. But as you say, it's sometime even difficult to tag each line, let alone each word.

newguy1:
Oh, and did you mean horizontal scrolling? answer is still no ;-) and I never even thought of doing it. But now that I think about it ..... ..... .... not for the next version though.

#228316 - 24/08/2004 13:48 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

New version finally up 1.2.1 :

• Added menu "Reformat Lyrics" to recalculate token and flatten lyrics in "Edit Mode"
  • Added confirmation popup before submitting correction to lrcDB
  • Changed keyboard Shortcuts to adjust timestamps: Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down (instead of Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B)
  • Pressing Ctrl key enable "Click-and-Sing" momentarly in Edit-Mode
  • Insert key now add timestamp (like click in Click-and-Sing)
  • Fix titlebar weirdness when switching to/from Edit-Mode
  • New option "Trim Lyrics Lines" removes " " , "," and "." from beginning and end of lines
  • Improved multi-monitor support
  • Warning message when in Edit-Mode and playing song change
  • Error message when file is Read-Only
  • Changed method of determining that winamp is exiting

[edit]
Woohoo! Green: 100th post :-)

Edited by elperepat (24/08/2004 21:58)

#228317 - 24/08/2004 20:44 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Added confirmation popup before submitting to lrcDB

I didn't see this happen when I did my lyric submission with this new version?

Although everything seemed to work fine, even when I submitted a correction. The title bar said it was a duplicate and then flashed that it was submitted it as a correction. So that'a cool. But was it also supposed to prompt me then?

Anyway, another thing I've noticed is that when I play the whole song from the beginning (in lyric-scrolling mode, not in edit mode), it starts off OK but then slowly gets desynchronized from the actual song playback. So that by the time you get to the third verse, the lyrics are getting higlighted 1-2 seconds too late.

It's been doing that from day one, but I never reported it because the important thing, the actual tagging of the lyrics, is correct. The lyrics are timed perfectly when I'm tagging them, and when I'm playing them back in emphatic on the empeg car player. It's only on playback in the SYLT plugin that they slowly creep off time.

#228318 - 24/08/2004 21:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
You forgot my favorite feature, the Insert key can now be used to insert timestamps instead of the mouse button.

Also, Tony, I think Patrick meant there's a confirmation when submitting a correction, not submitting a new song. I don't think a confirmation for submitting a new song is necessary.

#228319 - 24/08/2004 21:49 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
elperepat
enthusiast

My mistake, it's before submitting correction to lrcDB. I'll edit all the docs... again...

As for creeping, that's something I'll have to do more test with to pinpoint the culprit.

#228320 - 24/08/2004 22:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I also did not get a confirmation box when submitting a correction.

I was submitting a correction to the same song I'd submitted about 10 minutes prior, but I wasn't asked any questions, it just flashed in the title bar that it was submitting a correction

#228321 - 24/08/2004 23:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
elperepat
enthusiast

Ok... got it: The "Cut" is above lrcDB, isn't it?

That's a bug... it'll be corrected in next release...

#228322 - 25/08/2004 04:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Finally got around to downloading Winamp and this plugin. Problem is, if I click settings, I get:
Run-time error '713'

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine :msstdfmt.dll

I downloaded it and put it in c:\windows\system32 and winamp\plugins\sylt lyrics plugin folder and still have the same error. Any suggestions? This is with 1.2.2 RC1

*edit*

Right, Windows DLL hell, almost been on OS X long enough to forget it
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe Msstdfmt.dll
fixed the problem. Any reason the installer isn't doing this?

Edited by drakino (25/08/2004 04:55)

#228323 - 25/08/2004 12:15 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: drakino]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
Any reason the installer isn't doing this?

Because I didn't even know it was needed... :-) I'll try to do something for that...

Quote:
This is with 1.2.2 RC1

How did you get that?? I have a leak with my Beta-tester?!? :-)
Just kidding...

OK, from now on, the dll will be in a separate .zip on the server. For those having difficulties, you might check it. It should contain *all* the required dependencies... I hope...Beside VBRun600... :-/

#228324 - 25/08/2004 17:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Quote:
This is with 1.2.2 RC1

How did you get that?? I have a leak with my Beta-tester... TonyC ?!? :-)

SYLT_Lyrics_Plugin_1.2.1c.exe was the file I downloaded, so the version inside was a bit of a suprise.

#228325 - 25/08/2004 17:45 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: drakino]
elperepat
enthusiast

*Smash head on table*

Effectivly, I'm building new "testing" versions in the winamp folder, and then I used it to redo the 1.2.1c (and now d). Still another thing to think about......

1.2.1e.exe will have the right version, in a minute, not that 1.2.2RC1 is that bad... but not official.... (ie, I had a flicker problem in it...)

#228326 - 27/08/2004 23:21 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Recently Ive had a couple instances while adding the lyrics and timestamps to a file Ill hit save and then I may make some changes to the mp3 tags like update artist track number etc and then close the file and reopen it and all the work I did to the lyrics and timestamps is gone and its searching the net for them again. Is it possible that when you click save that there be a temp txt file your plugin uses to save them to that as well so if this happens I could click a recover last lyrics or something? and when you click save again that file is just overwritten with that songs?

#228327 - 28/08/2004 15:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I may make some changes to the mp3 tags like update artist track number etc and then close the file and reopen it and all the work I did to the lyrics and timestamps is gone

Right. Because whatever tag editor you're using is wiping out the lyric. Bad editor, go to your room.

It's possible that your editor might have a "preserve existing frames" setting that you merely need to activate, and this problem will go away.

Quote:
Is it possible that when you click save that there be a temp txt file your plugin uses to save them to that as well so if this happens I could click a recover last lyrics or something?

Yes, this feature exists. It's called "sumbit to lrcdb". That's where the temp txt file is saved: On the lrcdb site.

#228328 - 28/08/2004 16:46 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
SonicSnoop
addict

Im just using winamp, right click the entry in the playlist and view file info. The problem is tho if I change some of the tags in the file and not close and reopen it when I submit my lyrics to lrcdb it submits it with the original tags and not the ones I changed. I have tried to make a habit of updating the tags, closing the file, then doing the lyrics. but sometimes i forget. ive got 16 ive submited so far. 3 of em ive had to do over cause of this issue. im not blaming the plugin, i was just hoping to have a local backup of somekind to make things a lil easier in case of it.

#228329 - 28/08/2004 16:50 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Gotcha, yeah, winamp will destroy the lyric tag.

I've gotten to the point where I don't let an MP3 file anywhere near my collection until after it's gotten its tags perfect. So the problem you describe doesn't happen to me.

Anyway, the beauty of lrcdb is that if you destroy the lyric, it's just a couple of clicks to get it back. Just remember to submit to lrcdb when you're done tagging the lyric.

#228330 - 07/09/2004 04:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Uh, looks like I've found a bug. I have a lot of mp3s with ID3 tags written by EAC. The SYLT plugin seems to be incorrectly interpreting them when trying to get data from lrcdb.

For example, a couple of the tags might look like this:
Code:
TIT2(00)(00)(00)(09)(00)(00)(00)La CercaTPE1(00)(00)(00)(07)(00)(00)(00)SpartaTALB(00)(00)(00)(10)(00)(00)(00)Porcelain

where the two-digit numbers inside parentheses describe unprintable bytes in decimal.

For some reason, the SYLT plugin is asking lrcdb for "(00)La Cerca" instead of just "La Cerca". At first, I thought that the ID3 tags were wrong, that the null terminator existed at the beginning of the text instead of the end, but the ID3v2.3 spec doesn't require null termination on strings and the leading one is actually stating that the text is in ISO-8859-1 and not Unicode.

I think that the SYLT plugin is somehow forgetting to interpret the encoding byte and including it in the text string itself.

Reference: ID3v2.3 spec §4.2

To deconstruct the first frame there:

TIT2 : frame type
(00)(00)(00)(09) : frame data size
(00)(00) : flags
<-- End of frame header -->
(00) : text encoding
La Cerca : actual textual data

#228331 - 07/09/2004 14:31 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I think he's using ID3lib for his tag parsing, so the bug would probably be in there. Is ID3lib open source, or is it just a black box binary?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >