Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#130633 - 15/12/2002 19:29 Re: Empeg Stolen [Re: davec]
Laura
pooh-bah

Loc: Greenhills, Ohio
I believe that with most companies for things of value you can have a rider put on your policy for the current value of certain items. You pay extra for it but it's not much. I have them for a few things around the house, maybe I should check into one for the empegs.

MKI #017/90

whatever

#130634 - 16/12/2002 08:09 Re: Empeg Stolen [Re: peter]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
    While we're on, is anyone else disconcerted when people from the US refer to late-nineteenth-century American stuff (houses, say) as "Victorian"?
Nope.

Specifically, Victorian architecture is a very specific style. Turrets, mansard roofs, lots of gingerbread work, large outdoor porches, tall, multiple stories, patterned scalloped shingled siding, generally. The Angel of the Sea B&B is a good example. (Although it's a hotel, it's representative of single-family houses of the same time, too.) My home town, Raleigh, NC, became prosperous around that period and there is a good collection of nice Victorian homes downtown, some traditional, some modified, including the North Carolina Governor's Mansion.

Non-specifically, Merriam-Webster defines Victorian as ``of, relating to, or characteristic of the reign of Queen Victoria of England or the art, letters, or tastes of her time''. And, for whatever reason, the US around that time was heavily influenced by England of the time.
    Do other monarchy-based terms (Edwardian, Georgian, Regency, Elizabethan, Tudor) get used in the rest of the world too?
Yes, at least in the US, but much less often. I'd say that Georgian and Edwardian are used occasionally, but usually in a few specific contexts. Regency less often, also in a few specific contexts. Most of these contexts are style-related (furniture, dress, etc.). Very seldom Tudor or Elizabethan outside a discussion of history.

#130635 - 16/12/2002 08:25 Re: Empeg Stolen [Re: cookie_77]
Biscuitsjam
enthusiast

I'm not sure I'm familiar with the Findempeg program. My memory is poor though, so I might have used it at some time in the past... I have archives copies of the hosts file for the last few years (I use it for ad-blocking), but I couldn't find anything listed as empeg or similar. Anyone have any other ideas where the serial number could be on my computer?

I've searched all the files on my hdd and the entire windows registry, but no luck.

-Biscuits

Edited by Biscuitsjam (16/12/2002 10:00)

#130636 - 16/12/2002 08:29 Re: Empeg Stolen [Re: davec]
Biscuitsjam
enthusiast

As far as giving me the value that I paid for items, I have a list of the 100 video games that I lost. I have the boxes of every game I've ever bought and the price stickers are on 80% or so of those. Apparently, insurance does not specifically exclude game cds, only music cds, so I might be in luck.

Its entirely their decision whether they give me original price, or replacement cost. I'll consider it fair if they give me replacement cost, but if they insist on original price, it'll cost them an extra $1500 or so.

Game purchase price: $4000-5000
Game replacement cost: $1500-3000

Empeg purchase price: $300
Empeg replacement cost: $700-800

-Biscuits

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2