Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#116035 - 12/09/2002 02:51 Functions after volume
mpelaz
journeyman

Hi all

I'm a plain user of Riocar, i have brand new versions both player and hijack, and there are some things i find 'different'...
First, the volume control. Sometimes it doesn't respond to a turn, and it is not very fast... The same with 'seeking', sometimes i push the buttom and after 15 seconds it begins to seek. And the same with 'off' buttom.
But, when i move the volume (or balance, or fader...) and the indication is still on the screen, any push of any buttom CLEARS the indication instead doing its function.
It is different from the rest of the players and less inctuitive...
I guess if I turn down the volume, and just then push 'pause', it goes to pause, and I haven't to press twice to clear the screen and then pause...

Does anybody feel the same?

Cheers:

Miguel

Edited by mpelaz (12/09/2002 02:54)

#116036 - 12/09/2002 03:12 Re: Functions after volume [Re: mpelaz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The same with 'seeking', sometimes i push the buttom and after 15 seconds it begins to seek. And the same with 'off' button.

This is a known bug in the beta version. It is already on the internal bug list. This bug does not happen in the non-beta "final" software 1.03. If you wish to downgrade to the non-beta software to avoid this bug, be advised that you must also downgrade Emplode, and Hijack does not work with it. The non-beta version also cannot seek properly in VBR files.

But, when i move the volume (or balance, or fader...) and the indication is still on the screen, any push of any buttom CLEARS the indication instead doing its function.

This has been one of my long-term gripes as well. It is on the internal bug list, still. If I recall correctly, it does not happen when you are using the remote control, only the front panel.

I guess if I turn down the volume, and just then push 'pause', it goes to pause, and I haven't to press twice to clear the screen and then pause...

Actually, if you're using the front panel, you do. The first press of the top button clears the screen, the second press pauses. If you time it poorly (press the "up" button for the purpose of clearing the screen, but you do it late), then the player pauses when you did not intend it to. The best work-around to this is to get in the habit of using the "down" button instead of the "up" button to clear this screen.

I agree that this is very irritating.