well tanstaafl, you've hit the nail right into the lid.

What sort of company goes into business and doesn't open the front door for the customers to get in?
No wonder they couldn't justify keeping the riocar line. Debts were getting older and older and there was no money coming in. There wasn't even any way to see how many customers are knocking on the door. How many posts did we have here saying, 'where can I buy an empeg?' How many times did we have to say, 'the site is here but you'll have to wait.'?
The system of ordering sucked major dick.

As you point out, emepg had a ordering system going. A freaking back ordering queue that ran into the tens of thousands!. And SBs system can only let you order stuff if it's currently in the warehouse. Are they afraid of taking people's money? Are they doing that well that they don't need the cash flow?

Rob I really don't think you need to prop up SB if they single handedly quashed the best car audio product on the market for the next 3 years. I'm surprised Hugo hasn't said much here, maybe he can't stnad it. No wonder he is going to provide guides to DIY repairs. He MUST be absolutely insensed that the baby he created has been struck down before maturing.

I cant understand the mentality. A lot of marketing types sitting around a table, looking at their latest aquisition saying inane things like, 'mm, its a bit ugly, why would i pay $1000 for something that doesn't have a plactic faux chromed face?'

I really hope the empeg team had some huge shouting matches defending their product.

on a lighter note. it lookes pretty obvious from the slight hints that there is going to be a MK3 in the not too distant future. I maintain the hope that features apearing on it and the other OEM systems will be easily supported and applied to our 'meagre Mk1 & Mk2s'

Murray
Go-Wit-Da-Fro