For example, I'm currently very relieved that I'm not the breadwinner in my household. My wife has her government job and she's not going to lose that.

But I work for myself, and my job is mostly on-site technical support. That, of course, is completely impossible at the moment. I wouldn't want to do it anyway, as even in the best of times it's not pleasant to touch some of my customers' keyboards/mice (seriously, some of these people are disgusting).

I've been attempting to shift my work more to low voltage wiring for small businesses and home builds, and it was looking like the best avenue for me going forward, but I haven't gotten enough of that work to switch to it full-time.

As a result, I'm basically unemployed at the moment. I've had two remote support sessions this week, so I've barely made enough money to cover my rare run to the grocery store.

I'm currently weighing the risk of attempting to do the wiring jobs I have slated. I don't want to leave the house and I want to follow the guidelines, but I don't think we're going to qualify for the stimulus package because of my wife's income. So I'm thinking of ways to reduce my risk but also do my work. Things like coordinating with general contractors to see if I can be the only person on site when I'm there. There's an office wiring job that I might end up doing in the middle of the night to avoid contact, but I'd still have to touch doorknobs and handles and that worries me. The virus can live for days on those surfaces.

This. Sucks.