Those are the kind I didn't like laugh

What are you paying $2/jack for in that photo? Doesn't it come as one 12-port punchdown panel?

The keystone panels I'm talking about are like this one. Just a piece of metal and nothing more. I actually wish they didn't all come with numbers on them. I'll probably tape over those. I just prefer to punch down all the cables in my hand, rather than doing it at-height at the rack. If you're lucky you're dealing with a hinged rack and it just swings out. I don't like the "mount it 1U down and backwards then flip it up" thing. Either way, especially when you start getting to the rack-mounted 24-port (or god forbid 48 port) panels, I can't seem to get the cable tension right. And heaven help you if you don't punch down one wire fully and now you have to get behind a bunch of others.

I'd rather just terminate a bunch of keystones and plug them in wherever I want.

There's also these, where it's just a keystone coupler in each port, and you terminate every cable with a standard RJ45 end. This might be my least favorite option, as I really hate terminating RJ45 if I have to do more than about 4 ends in a sitting.