Hello all!

I'm thinking of getting a scanner, and I'm having trouble figuring out which one to get. I'd kind of like to get one that's separate from a printer, but there's reasons that might be desirable too.

Basically I'm looking for something that scans quickly. Speed is most important to me, more important even than quality. A document feeder would be nice as well.

The other thing I'd like is something that doesn't seem to be in any standalone scanner: networking. Whether wired or wireless, it doesn't seem like you can get networking in a scanner, which seems strange to me. If anything, a scanner is more important to network than a printer. You have to make two trips to a scanner (one to put the document on, another to take it off) vs one to a printer.

Anyway, do you have any recommendations for fast scanners? And if you've ever seen a networked scanner (for under $300), that would be great too.

Lastly, if there's a small, light, inexpensive (but still fast) scanner that could be slung from computer to computer in a home, that would be good too.