Honestly, my favorite secondary gadget for 2010 was a Epson flatbed scanner ($40 when they had it at Fry's, $90-ish currently at Amazon). I scanned hundreds of negatives from when I was Mr. High School Yearbook Photographer and dumped them onto Facebook. Then I sat back and watched the tagging/untagging storm. Lots of fun.

Sure, the negative scanner isn't what you'd call production quality. I ran my scans at a resolution roughly equivalent to what I get out of my 12-megapixel Nikon D700 and the resulting scans were depressingly fuzzy. You could tell that there's film grain that could well have been resolved, but the scanner just wasn't sharp enough. Or, more likely, didn't have enough depth of field to resolve the whole negative, which has some curvature to it, despite the plastic frame holding it.

However, for the resolutions on Facebook, it just doesn't matter, and none of these pictures matter to me enough that I want to, say, rent time on a more expensive scanner or pay for expensive third-party scanning services.