Originally Posted By: drakino
Not everyone has email access on their phone. On a smartphone it doesn't make much sense to use it, but there is still a high percentage of people with normal phones capable of MMS.

That's all true, but it still seems like such a thing to do for teenagers. I can't imagine sending an MMS to one of my friends, even the ones that don't have smartphones.

First of all, if I have a photo worth sending them, I don't want them viewing it on a 2" screen**, which is the largest you're going to see it on if you have a dumbphone. And that's the other part I don't like - that you can't easily offload the image to a computer (at least, the people who have the dumbphones won't know how to do it if it's possible).

Personally, if I didn't have a smartphone, I would still want people to only email me photos.

I know, though, that there are plenty of people who do use MMS. I just think it's a dumb technology wink

** one of the worst social tortures is when someone says "oh, I have to show you some pictures from my trip!" and then expects my wife and I to huddle around their cameraphone while they step through the photos they took with it.