Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.
When I attempt to copy the file into my Karma, I immediately get a message about the upload stopping because "...the player is no longer connected" or something like that. I am assuming that this is the DRM raising its ugly head. Is this correct?

I would hope that if DRM were the problem, then RMM would simply say so very clearly. I've got to assume that the "no longer connected" message is unrelated to DRM. (As Peter said, more likely an incompatible file format rather than refusing to play because of DRM.)

Quote:
The two trial books I downloaded are explicitly listed as being allowed to be burned to CD. I haven't tried that yet, but fail to see what advantage that would be to me in any case

As Peter said: It's one way to get around copy protection (if there is even any protection at all). You burn them to audio CD, then rip the audio CD. A lot of people convert their iTunes files into MP3s using the same method.

Of course, you seem to have already found a better solution to the issue. Any method that can skip the step of burning a physical CD is going to be much easier.