I just wanted to clarify something a little. My feeling is that the issue I'm running into with XM is not the usual overplaying of music that you find on terrestrial radio. I feel that in the latter's case it's an issue of playing what's hot at the time, and yeah, you'll definitely hear the same songs over and over again for several months until they fade into less rotation to make way for new songs that are given higher rotation.

The issue with XM, I feel, is slightly different: in the year that we've had it, the programming hasn't changed at all! U2 and Red Hot Chili Peppers are just as prevalent now as they were a year ago. And I think the frequency they play them at is abnormally high. [note: I'd still pick XM over traditional radio: the commercial breaks in our area are out of control]

I suppose the issue is that when we got XM, we figured that the variety would be better than terrestrial radio, not worse. I think the variety of stations is better, but the variety of music on each of those stations is terrible.

Of course, this is all pretty moot for myself. My wife is the one that listens to XM most, and I listen to it when I'm in the car with her. In my car, it's empeg all the way, baby!