Well crap. I called Shuttle (long distance - no toll free number) and they concluded after no troubleshooting that I would need to RMA the system. He estimated that it would take two weeks. This is NOT good. Personally, I will go through the hassle of sending the system back and everything, but this is not my computer. I'm building this for someone. Now because of a defective product I'm going to have to tell that person that I can't get their system to them for another two to three weeks?

This whole system has been a disaster. I want to stress the fact that, when it comes to the practical aspects of the design, this is the worst designed Shuttle case I've ever used. The memory slots practically take a hammer to get the chips in. The power and data connectors for the SATA hard drives make you think you're going to twist the connections on the hard drives to the breaking point. The screws holding the expansion slot cover on the back were so machine tightened that I needed pliers to loosen them.

And now the damn thing is broken. Fantastic.

Sorry, I had to rant.