FWIW, most of the Star Trek cognoscenti, if you can call them that, roundly hate Brannon Braga for turning ST into a stink-fest. That said, I like and have liked all of the actors on the show (except for the squirrelly math guy, who I've never seen before, and lantern-jawed guy, who seems like every other lantern-jawed guy on every damned TV show this season) and have mostly enjoyed the show. Yeah, it's X-Files-like, but there was episodic TV with long term story long before the X-Files. For now, I'm happy to see monster-of-the-week stories. It honestly feels more like the Andromeda Strain to me. A bunch of scientists who don't really want to be there. I also like the seeming interest in touching on civil liberties.

Invasion I'm kind of luke-warm about. It seems, for one thing, too much like the last evil-sheriff show, American Gothic, which was also created by Shaun Cassidy (I wonder why he hates sheriffs so much) plus some Lost, minus some interesting. Also, I get the impression that the brunette lead character is pregnant. It may have to do with the fact that they make sure and tell us ten times every time she's in a scene. Plusses for this show include William Fichtner, who I've always liked, and the fact that the two female leads are hot. (Did you know that the brunette one is pregnant?) This one feels more like the X-Files to me because of what feels like a not-well-developed backstory. It feels thin at any rate.

Surface I haven't watched. It looks putrid. I feels like it should be some random teen drama on the WB.

So, once again, I think we're complete opposites. You probably hated this week's episode of Lost, too.