J,

if you really meant your post to be interpreted other than literally, I missed that totally. OK, some answers did sound a bit overzealous, but I think that most of people answering showed quite realistic attitude toward the situation.

Your MS comments were insulting. What, you supposed Evil Empire bribed (wining and dining is a bribe) some guys from empeg to smuggle WMA into software past Hugo? Or that Hugo decided that nice lunch was a good reason to pay his own money (remember, Hugo founded the company) to MS for presumably unneccesary feature? Nonsense. MS does not pay, it expects the whole world to be paying them. I don't plan to use WMA in forseeable future, but find Rob's reasoning for including it (and so aiding the Bad Guys) convincing.

Now, if some high-placed SonicBlue salaried guy were all of a sudden to start insisting on switching from Linux to WinCE on their entire product line, that would be a reason for doubt...

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue