Quote:
Quote:
Question about Bluetooth though... can you pair multiple devices together? Could I have a Treo paired with a Bluetooth car kit for voice, and the Empeg for Palantir, and a GPS unit for Tomtom - all at the same time?

Yes.

This is quite an old thread, but I thought I would update it with my experience with this, in case someone reads it later.

I have an Orange UK Treo 650, running the 1.20-ENA firmware. I'm using the Nokia CK-7W bluetooth handsfree kit, and I've also got a Holux GPSlim 236 bluetooth GPS receiver.

With the Treo connected to the handsfree kit (key in the ignition), it will not connect to the GPS receiver. The second you take the key out of the ignition which powers down the handsfree, the GPS works. You can also make the GPS work by turning off Bluetooth and turning it back on again on the Treo.

With the Treo connected to the GPS receiver, it cannot also connect to the handsfree. The light on the car kit button flashes a while and then gives up. Once you turn the GPS off and tap the button on the handsfree to re-establish a connection, it will work again.

I'm not sure whether this one-device-at-a-time behaviour is a PalmOS limitation, or a Bluetooth limitation. I will try things out with my friends Nokia N70 to see whether it acts differently.