Quote:
Well, I've never understood it either. A couple of years ago, a friend of mine got me to try EA's Nascar 2003, which is a racing simulation based on the Papyrus simulation engine.

Having gathered a lot of seat time at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, Sears Point, and Buttonwillow over the last 8 years, I just don't think you can judge anything by a game, no matter how good. It's much, much easier for me to get around Laguna in a real Miata than the Miata in GT3. Never mind an F50.

Quote:
They have so much power, and relatively little of the aerodynamic assistance of the open-wheeled, winged cars.

Did you see the "Tradin' Paint" thing that Speed TV did a couple of years back? They took Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo Montoya out to the road course at Indy and had them trade cars. Montoya came back laughing, talking about how the car didn't stick worth a damn, but it was fun to slide around. Gordon was barely able to speak when he got out of the Williams/BMW.

Quote:

Watkins Glen is definitely the best...

Since they built the 'chute' at Sears, I agree. Watching the NASCAR boys try to carry speed through the Carousel was a riot.

-Z
Mk.IIa #010101243 currently getting a 500GB SSD. More spares in the shed.