I re-did the SYLT lyric tag on Weird Al's "Your Horoscope For Today" using the new SYLT plugin for Winamp because it lets me do milliseconds. When I used Emplode to replace the tune on the car player (right click on tune, select "Replace Tune"), it worked fine.

But when I used Jemplode 56, connected to the Rio Central, and tried to do the same thing, it gave me and error message saying "You have selected a tune that already exists on your device".

Well, duh, of course it's the same, I was trying to replace it with a slightly different copy of the same tune. That's the whole point of the Replace Tune feature right?

Odd thing is, when I did something similar with Incubus' "Drive" earlier today, jemplode worked without complaining. The difference there I think is because with "Drive", the original copy of the tune had no SYLT tag at all and the file size was probably different. Or maybe the RID checksum is different with and without the SYLT tag. But with "Horoscope", I was replacing an existing SYLT lyric so the file didn't change much except for the timestamps on the lyric. I think the same RID would even be calculated for it because none of the song data changed.

Any ideas on how this should be handled?