OK, I think rob has copped enough crap over this. If you had bothered to read all the previous posts, you would have already had answers to some of your questions like "why wasn't there a vote?" etc etc..

Personally, I like the minimalist look (of the previous design). What I don't really like is "portal" effect the curvy shape has making it look like the screen is obscured even if it's not. I do like the buttons arrangement though.

There, I have that off my chest but I don't have to crucify bob in the process. Sometimes in order to be progressive, you have to bite the bullet and make decisions on the spot. That's what leaders do and they don't *always* get it right. In any case, I applaud bob for his efforts because it's this sort of initiative which has achieved a sterling product to date.

Maybe when everyone at empeg has made lots more money, there will be some spare to spend on tooling for a "skins" based interface. And if they still choose not to, then bad luck. It's still a great product. Until then, stop winging and bitching about it.