Not to bring anyone down, but this may not be completely practical. I can't see this upgrade taking less than about 30-40 minutes per board, possibly longer with testing, and that assumes everything works first time. To be on the safe side I personally would budget an hour per upgrade. This means you can do perhaps 8 per day.

Secondly, and more importantly, I have a strong feeling that the hotel will get pissy about setting up a soldering station for all-day use. I know there have been problems in the past when we've done soldering work, something about fire regs and the like. I strongly suggest that you clear it with the hotel first.

Thirdly, I think it would probably be a good idea to check with Rob Schofield to see if there are any problems. I know that there are more people turning up this year than ever before, and the conference room is likely to be more or less full, so there may not be any room for ad-hoc additions like tables. It would also be the polite thing to do, as he's organising the meet.

pca