I, for one, am proud to call myself liberal. I'm not sure where the negative connotation came from. (Actually, that's not true, I know exactly, but I'm tired of pointing it out.)

To take this on a new thread, I, for one, think that our news organizations, in general, have a slightly liberal bent. But our editorial organizations are almost 100% conservative. It's all but impossible to find an editorialist, at least on TV that's not a rabid conservative, despite the fact that they always assure us that they have no political bent, which is absurd, regardless of which direction they're denying. The whole point of editorializing is to show a personal opinion. The big problem is that many of these editorialists, at the same time as they're denying having that opinion, are also claiming that they're news sources, and the sort of flashiness that they use is more appealing to the mass populace than the dry nightly news, so they end up getting more airtime, in the mindset of the viewers, if not in reality. Actually, probably in reality, too, as the nightly news and the newspapers only get a fraction of the time that those editorialists are on the TV or radio, by my highly inaccurate guesstimation.