I just sent this off to the Empeg guys. Can anyone else reproduce this?
I noticed when i tried to add a list of about 30 mp3's that were downloaded from MP3.com, that only about 5 of them actually made it to the Empeg. I figured that there was a sync error, so i tried again, same thing. I deleted the playlist, synced. Then, recreated it, dragged them over, same thing. So after a while of messing around with it and trying to up one at a time, i noticed that some would work while others wouldn't. The only difference in the mp3's was in the comment field. I opened one in Winamp and removed the ID3 tag (file info, then remove iD3 tag button)...but noticed that when i checked the properties in Emplode, that there was still tag info there...so i'm going on the assumption that Winamp removed the v.1 tag and Emplode is reading the v.2 tag. I tried to sync again, with the v.1 tag gone. .. same result. it would go through the paces...say it uploaded and sync completed, but when Emplode refreshed, it wasn't there. So i noticed then that when i looked at the properties in Emplode for one of the ones that wouldn't sync, it had an insanely long comment field. Couple hundred characters at least. So, i deleted it, applyed it, synced it, and it worked fine. This was repeated on about 10 other MP3's. So, That leads me to believe there is some bug in Emplode when it comes to REALLY long comment fields in v.2 ID3 tags. Can anyone confirm this?

||| loren.cox
||| 12GB blue