Okay, since I first got going on the home docking station project, the value of US currency has dropped significantly, to the point now where I believe my accountant would claim I'm losing significant sums on these.

So.. I am now (today) repricing the docks in my home currency (CAD$), at a value closer to (but not quite) the original US$ pricing from last February.

This will simplify things for my accountant (no currency calculations to bill me for), as well as for overseas purchasers (who already had to do conversions anyway). But the downside is that USA folks may have to figure out how to do currency conversion in PayPal. It's easy, but somewhat obscured -- I managed it (after a struggle or three!), so it can't be that hard to do!

CAD$190 -- Cool, with fan
CAD$220 -- Works, with fan and serial port.

CAD$15 -- AC Adaptor, original compact RioCar 100-120VAC, 12VDC@1A

Worldwide shipping rates in CAD$, including packaging costs:

CAD$17 -- Shipping to USA (14 days), per dock. corrected
CAD$25 -- Express mail (3-5 days) to USA, per dock.
CAD$37 -- Overseas airmail (7-14 days) for one dock.
CAD$66 -- Express mail (3 days) to U.K.,for up to two docks.

The "Basic" dock is no longer offered (no demand).

If paying with a credit-card in Paypal, they want a 3% cut, so an extra 3% needs to be added on. There's no add-on when paying from a bank account in Paypal or from a Paypal account balance. Just credit-cards.

So, for new dock shipments, I will be asking for payment in CAD$ via Paypal. A copy of this posting will be sent to you when your dock is being built. Speaking of which..

SWMBO (aka. SWSNBN) is busy right now with the wiring for 20 docks that should ship out by early next week -- if you are currently one of the top 20 in the shipping queue, you should prime your paypal account now!

EDIT: corrected USA shipping amount -- and to think I was once actually considered good at math.. ha!

Thanks

Edited by mlord (07/05/2003 10:55)