...the folks that visited us seemed really nice, and seemed also to realise that the way to keep up the flow of cool products was to keep the Empeg culture as it was rather than impose a culture on us.

I've heard that one before. Every time, without exception, that I have worked for a company that was purchased by another, larger company, the purchasers always say something to the effect that "...we want you to keep right on doing what you're doing. We're not planning on making any changes in the operation."

Yeah, right.

NOBODY spends $36M to buy a company that was so poorly managed that it was forced into involuntary bankruptcy, and then wants that company to continue on just the way it was before.

Now it is very likely that the empeg group was one of the few "shining stars" within Sonic Blue, and it is my fervent hope that the same people who have the ability to spend $36M also have the ability to realize that the Empeg culture, as you put it, is extraordinarily valuable, far beyond any normal nuts-and-bolts, assets-and-debits method of accounting could demonstrate, and if they have any sense at all they'll at least try to leave it alone for a little while so it can prove its value.

But I am not optimistic about this.

tanstaafl.