I don't know if any of these facts are true, but I do know that "secret societies" (of which Skull and Bones is the most well-known) do have a strong grip on university politics in America. I would imagine this hold is even greater on the Ivy League institutions like Yale. I went to a state school (albeit a very large and prominent one) and there were three secret societies that basically controlled EVERY significant office at the student government level. They also existed at the university administration level, though only at the lower levels. I can totally believe that at a more traditional school like Yale, members of these societies would have found their way into more prominent university positions.

Having said that, the idea of Bush being able to persuade his entire cabinet to go to war with Iraq just because he was in a secret society with alleged ties to Nazism seems far-fetched. Makes for good radio, though.

Incidentally I read somewhere that they're going to declassify a bunch of evidence which will supposedly prove that Iraq is hiding something. I can't imagine they'll have enough to convince me that war is necessary right now, but at least it'll be something.