Free money is cool, but...

"The cash paid by the Defendants, after the payment of attorneys' fees, litigation and Settlement administration costs, shall be distributed to consumers who purchased Music Products. The number of claims filed will determine the actual amount of the individual refund but will not exceed $20.00 per claimant. If the number of claims filed would result in refunds of less than $5.00 per claimant, there will be no cash distribution to individual consumers. Rather, the cash portion of the Settlement shall be distributed to not-for-profit, charitable, governmental or public entities to be used for music-related purposes or programs for the benefit of consumers who purchased Music Products. "

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion the "payout" will be exactly $4.99...

What really sucks is that someone who bought a single Yanni CD in the year 2000 gets the same cash payout as me, who purchased hundreds of CD's in that time frame. While I realize these payouts are generally more punitive than compensatory in nature, it seems to me that the restitution should be per CD purchased, providing you can prove your purchases.