Yeah, nice score! Too bad for him.

Yeah, my CD's have been in a large box for over 2 years now. I ripped them all to 8 gigs of MP3s over 3 weeks in the summer. Haha, it was an addicting process. I would do about 8 CD's a day. One when I woke up before the sun in the morning before going back to bed, one when I woke up for work, one before leaving for work, then I'd rip them all night after getting home.

If I was feeling rather abitious, I would extract digital audio to WAV files all day and write a massive DOS batch file to run l3enc (the best encoder at the time, in my opinion) to encode, rename, and organize all the songs. Then, I would let it run for 8 hours while I was at work. Of course, I was doing all this work on a P166 (for kicks) so l3enc could only do about 5 albums in 8 hours. Oh well, the goal was to keep the p166 working relentlessly at all times, and I achieved it. 8 gigs of mp3s in 3 weeks? Not bad for summer of 2000.