Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tanstaafl. @ Yesterday at 22:29

Originally Posted By: tfabrisAre they physical chimes, or does it play an electronic sound? If physical, maybe the solenoid is sticky and doesn't finish its chime cycle for a few seconds. Or maybe the button itself is sticky ...the thing would play a
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ Yesterday at 15:38

Some googling tells me that there are kits which retrofit a smart camera doorbell onto old school physical chimes, and that these can sometimes exhibit the problem you describe. The issue seems to be in that retrofit circuit somewhere. Example: https
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ Yesterday at 15:16

Are they physical chimes, or does it play an electronic sound? If physical, maybe the solenoid is sticky and doesn't finish its chime cycle for a few seconds. Or maybe the button itself is sticky, and so when you take your finger off the button, i
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tanstaafl. @ Yesterday at 14:26

Originally Posted By: peter & TonyAre you hearing the chime live or via the cameras? Yes. No. Yes: I hear the chime, standing a few feet away from it in the living room. No: I watch the button press both from from an independent camera (one of
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tfabris @ 04/05/2024 21:50

The doorbell doesn't have to emit any frequencies for the dogs to notice someone is at the door. The dogs merely hear the people walk up to the front door. They're better at that than we humans are, they just pick up on subtle things. If someone walk
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by peter @ 04/05/2024 19:02

Are you in the house when watching these cameras? Are you hearing the chime live or via the cameras? Occam's Razor here says that the chime is instantaneous in the house, and the cameras are showing you video that is synchronised with its own audio b
For Sale
Jump to new posts Looking for empeg / RioCar in Germany / EU by blablub @ 04/05/2024 18:30

If you are selling your empeg in Germany or EU, please let me know
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by tanstaafl. @ 04/05/2024 13:10

I should have mentioned, this is a hard-wired system. There is no transmitter. I don't know if a wireless system would work, it would have to transmit through two 12" thick masonry walls over a distance of 60 feet. Nonetheless, I had reached th
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Doorbell Question by mlord @ 04/05/2024 11:53

I would theorize the obvious: the circuitry in the "doorbell" may be emitting some dog-audio frequencies as it powers up and begins to transmit. Which part of the "doorbell" is the question though.. more likely the inside part w